“Life will give you whatever experience is the most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you’re having at the moment”
–– Eckhart Tolle
It’s been so so long since I last posted. Trying to shuffle between a lot of things has been really tiring for me and let me not even talk about my procrastination. I’ve really thought of picking up my pen and getting to work a lot of times during this period. So I’ve been meaning to write about this for a while now and it was suggested to me by a person very dear to me?.
Karma |definition|: action, work or deed. It also refers to the spiritual principle of cause and effect where intent and actions of an individual (cause) influence the future of that individual (effect).
The meaning of Karma has been in so many cases misunderstood. You think you know the meaning and bam! You don’t know what is going on. In most cases, we think it is some external force that punishes us for our bad deeds and rewards us for the good ones. Then in some other cases, we purely think Karma is punishment or fate.
Well from my little research and my personal knowledge, I’ve come to understand that Karma is an energy we create by our willful actions, through thoughts, words and deeds. When we say something is our karma, we are just saying it is our own doing, our own action, the action that got us there.
So short story fam, I had an experience where I lost something quite important to me and when a friend implied that it was my karma, I felt I didn’t do anything that would make me deserve this. I really misunderstood the whole concept at that point in my life. I thought it was all about deserving punishment or something like that. I carelessly left the thing I lost and that led to it being stolen. It was my karma, it wasn’t about me doing something bad in the past and now being punished right now. It was my karma, me leaving it carelessly and in that way losing it.
Karma isn’t some ‘cosmic retribution’; it did not have any input from the cosmic force. It’s all your action, therefore your Karma. So there are these 12 laws; I really don’t know if they’re the laws guiding Karma I just wanted to share them with you guys.
- The Great Law : whatever you put into the universe will come back to us
- The Law of Creation: Life does not happen by itself, we have to make it happen
- The Law of Growth: By changing ourselves, we change our lives
- The Law of Humility: We must accept something before we can change it
- The Law of Responsibility: We are responsible for what happens in our lives
- The Law of Connection: The past, the present, and the future are all connected
- The Law of Focus: We can’t think of 2 different things at the same time
- The Law of Giving and Hospitality: Our behavior should match our thoughts and actions
- The Law of Here and Now: We can’t be present if we’re looking forward
- The Law of Change: History repeats itself until we learn from it and change your path
- The Law of Patience and Reward: The most valuable rewards require patience
- The Law of Significance and Inspiration: Rewards are a result of the effort and energy we put into it
We’re all creating karma every minute and the karma we create affects us every minute. So I’m going to try to post more often. I really appreciate you all so much than you can imagine ?. Please feel absolutely free to drop a comment or your thoughts.
**Totally unrelated, I think Rupi Kaur is a brilliant writer and poet. You should totally check her out ?.**
Love in its rarest form,